POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Too many objects? : Re: Too many objects? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Too many objects?
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 14 Feb 2002 17:06:16
Message: <3c6c34d8@news.povray.org>
Lutz,
Could I overcome this problem by making the snake as a series of several
separate IK chains of, say, 30 levels each, connected end to end, but each
chain separate in its IK function?
Also, back to my original question, sort of. Is rendering time related to
number of objects? If I used hamaPatch to create rings of scales that were
only one object each, rather than 15, would that speed up rendering?
I'm sorry to hear that you are changing to OpenGL only. I find that quite
often the Moray wireframe view makes it easier to see what is what.
Sometimes in a scene with a large number of small objects, in openGL there
is a forest of red, green, and blue axes that make it impossible to see the
objects.
Steve